One of the most important parts of a remodeling project in the home is the process of damp proofing. Without damp proofing, mold and mildew can grow and spread throughout the home and also cause health issues. Here are some important tips for damp proofing your home.
* Homeowners need to have walls dry before the wood is nailed down, because when water and moisture to seep into the dry wall material the wood starts to shrink. This leads to warping which can be extremely detrimental to the structure of the home. Dry wall or foam board is the most common type of damp proofing materials used to prevent this from happening. An experienced contractor will use products such as drywall glue, paint, foam board, caulking, bonding, and even vinyl underlayment to ensure the walls are protected.
Damp Proofing Services
* Drywall is the most common type of damp proofing material. To apply it, the drywall is ready to go through the process of drying. The first step involves the laying of the drywall to allow the drywall glue to dry. Once the drywall has dried, it is primed with a special type of primer that enhances the appearance of the drywall. Wood stain is applied after to ensure the paint adheres to the drywall properly. What damp proofing services you require will depend on what kind of house you have and the extent of the damp problem you have.
* Next, the wood has to be properly primed with a wood stain that will not mar the wood or make it look weak. It is a good idea to have the wood cured in a humid environment for several days so that the wood dries quickly. After the wood has dried it can be sanded and sealed. In many cases, there is no need to wax the wood because it will darken and age naturally in the air. It is a good idea to add a light stain to the wood after the wood has been dry for a few days.
Preventing Mould And Mildew
*After the dry wall has dried, it is time to lay the core boards down. This type of damp proofing service provides a low cost option that helps save money by preventing mold and mildew from growing. Core boards are plastered on top of the drywall and sealed on the bottom so that the board does not crack. The core boards are then nailed down and are secured with staples.
* If the drywall has never been sealed and is allowed to dry it can develop a moisture or water leak. Water can seep into the drywall and create a mold and mildew problem. This is why it is so important to seal and waterproof the drywall.
Hire a Professional
* It is also possible for the drywall to expand and contract, which can become very damaging if it is not sealed properly. It is extremely important to not glue the drywall down until the project is finished. This is why professional damp proofing services are the most cost effective option.
* If you are going to be using your home for a major renovation project, it is important to hire professionals to provide you with the services you need to protect your home and finish the project in the right way. This is one of the most important aspects of a renovation project in the home.